The wedding season is right around the corner which means both men and women will be shopping for upcoming weddings, they plan to attend. While women have a wide range of garments both ethnic and western they can choose from and they are quite educated on the subject of what to wear at weddings, many men lack comprehensive knowledge on the subject. So it’s only fair that we take some time to enlighten men on the do’s and don’ts of wedding wear for men. Read further to know more about how to dress at weddings without under dressing or over dressing an overshadowing the groom.
Kurta Pyjamas for Wedding Wear
Example of Great Kurta Pyjama for Wedding Wear for Guests
Kurta pyjamas are the perfect ensemble for wedding wear for men if the affair you are about to attend has a traditional dress code. In most parts of the country, the groom wears a sherwani on his wedding day. Since the day obviously belongs to the bride and groom, you might want to keep in mind that in terms of sartorial choices, you may not want to overshadow the groom. In that case the Kurta Pyjama is the perfect ensemble for you. One must keep in mind that even here there are do’s and don’ts.
- Do not wear an overly embellished or embroidered kurta pyjama ensemble as you do not want to over shadow the groom.
- Do not go for kurta pyjamas in gold, red or variations of the color red, these colors are generally reserved for the bride and groom.
- The Idea is to look good without over shadowing the groom, so there must be a subtle element of style and class in your sartorial choices.
- Pick out a kurta pyjama ensemble in high sheen fabrics that is slim fitted. Let the fabric and cut to the talking as embellishments and embroidery is best reserved for the groom.
- Go for bright colors like royal blue, silver, steel grey or even classic shades like white and black. In case of black kurta pyjamas, a minimum amount of embroidery would insure that you do not look like you are attending a funeral.
- Style your white kurta pyjama ensemble with a great vibrant shade Nehru Jacket just so you don’t look like you are attending a political rally. If not simply go for a minimally embroidered white ensemble.
- Complete your traditional look with a great pair of embroidered mojris.
Sherwanis for Wedding Wear
Great Example of Sherwani for Wedding Wear for Guests
In certain parts of the country, the kurta pyjama is the favored choice of the groom for wedding wear. In such cases it may be wise to opt for a sherwani that has minimum embellishments and embroidery. Listed below are some of the do’s and don’ts to keep in mind while picking out a sherwani for a wedding you intend to attend.
- Once again avoid colors like red, maroon and variations of these colors as these shades are reserved for the bride and groom.
- Opt for sherwanis with minimal gold and silver thread embroidery as you do not want to over shadow the groom.
- Opt for Classic shade Sherwanis like grey, black and steel grey.
- Minimum silver thread embroidery should be enough to accentuate your outfit.
- Let the cut and silhouette do most of the talking.
Read more blogs related to this topic :