The very interesting and distinctive fact about India as a country, apart from being the “Land of Diversity “ is that the Indian traditional dresses strongly reflect the culture it is associated with. However, there are few Indian traditional dresses that go well with every occasion and despite the fact to which culture and customs people are indulged with; they can be seen wearing few of the traditional wears most of the times. But, the fame for the traditional wears has been kept at the rest for a considerable period of time until a severe transformation has been brought in the scene in the 21st century.
The traditional wears went through the severe, but a better transformation and this led Indian traditional wears again to gain importance in the world of Indian Fashion. With this also came a new wave of the men’s wear as for a long time people have neglected the importance and the need for the variety of options in the same. So, now with more revived options of the Indian traditional dress, for both, men and women, let us track down some of the best worn and demanding traditional wears of the present times.
- Sarees – Sarees are one of the most worn dresses when talking about the Indian traditional wears for women. As it has been, without a break, worn by the millions of women on a daily basis or on a special occasion like a wedding or a party, but for the fact that women in India never ceased wearing sarees didn’t keep it from getting renovated. Now, the designers have also found a new area to put their creativity into and this has widened the options of sarees from the casual ones to the designers’ ones. The best part about wearing Saree is that it goes well with every occasion and every body type.
- Salwar Suits – Salwar suits again is one of those Indian wears that have been worn by most of the Indian girls on a regular basis, but also followed with the same and repeated designs. The newly revamped salwar suits again have attracted many sights and with the fusion and introduction of the different types like Anarkari suits, Patiala suits, Indo-Pakistani suits, women of India are enjoying more options mixed with new trends.
- Lehenga Choli – The long-running tradition of wearing Lehenga Cholis on marriage have been strongly broken with the new transformed version introduced. Now, from the heavy designs to the casual designs, Lehenga cholis are available in a wide range giving the women of India a chance to wear them even at a small occasion, so they don’t have to wait for the a long time to wear the lehenga until it’ s their turn to get married.
- Kurtis – Kurti is perhaps the only Indian traditional wears that have made its appearance in the current times in the Indian traditional wears. It is basically a fusion of the Indo-western dress and has been the main attraction these days for being comfortable yet traditional attire.
Being an Indian woman with an urge of wearing a traditional wear to go with the flow of Indian fashion, you can pick any of these attires and reflect your love for your culture.
Now coming to the Indian traditional dress for men, there are many options to go with provided with the fact that the transformation has a serious impact on the men’s Indian wears as well. With many new and the old but transformed men’s traditional wears, here are few dress options that are loved by men across the nation and are more in the scene these days.
- Kurta pyjama – Kurta Pyjama is counted among the most common worn Indian traditional men’s wear and men belonging to different culture have been wearing these clothes from a long time. After the hangover of the western clothes along with the transformation of the Indian traditional wears, men can find a broader range of Kurta Pyjama to match the occasion and the essence of the traditions.
- Sherwanis – Sherwanis too are popular attire for the Indian men from a long time, but thanks to the designers of the new era that this dress code too has been revived and many options sticking to the essence of the dress have been introduced to the men. Prior to the greatest breakthrough of the Indian traditional wears along with the introduction of the Indo-western wears, sherwanis were strictly been worn on the special occasions like marriage and engagement, but now with the broader varieties, designs, and shapes, Sherwanis can be worn on a low-key functions.
- Kurta Pyjama with Nehru Jacket – Needless to say that the introduction of Nehru jacket has won out the hearts of millions of men and has become a new style statement as well. The love for this new attire is very evident with the fact that it has been getting worn by many celebrities. Devoid of any doubts, the jacket goes well with the basic Kurta Pyjama, but can be paired with a shirt and jeans too.
So, with so many options, men too have been given the same advantage of choosing the perfect Indian traditional wear just like women. Make your pick and rock the party or event you are heading to.